Avid Education offers several Pro Tools certifications, validating user skills from novice to expert. The first of these certifications is the Avid Certified User for Pro Tools, providing an industry-recognized credential for both academic users and industry professionals.
To gain the title of Avid Certified User for Pro Tools, you must take two foundational courses, Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) and Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110), before sitting and passing the associated certification exam. This course includes both the 101 and 110 courses. Becoming an Avid Certified User for Pro Tools verifies that you possess a fundamental understanding of and the capability to use Avid Pro Tools to engineer a project through to completion, with all of the fundamental operational skills to record, edit, mix and output the finished session.
– Getting Started with Pro Tools
– Pro Tools Basic Controls
– Making Your First Audio Recording
– Importing and Working with Media
– Making Your First MIDI Recording
– Editing Your Media, Mixing and Creating a Bounce
– Managing Session Data and Media Files
– Recording MIDI and Audio – Working with Elastic Audio
– Editing and Fine-Tuning a Performance
– Additional Editing and Media Management
– Basic Mixing and Signal Flow – Writing and Editing Automation
– Using Advanced Mixing Techniques and Creating Final Media
It is a requirement that you have access to a current Pro Tools system. You will be required to practice techniques and do exercises using the Pro Tools software. Lectures will be delivered online, accessible via the in- stitution’s learning management system (LMS). Although this is an online courses you will be required to write two exams at our campus in Observatory, Cape Town.
Registration closes: 1 August 2022
The course starts: 1 August 2022
Course Duration: 8 weeks
Full-time/Part-time: Part-time (Online – Exams to be written on campus.)
Registration Fee: R1 250.00
Course Fee: R12 500.00
Additional Cost: $95.00 USD
Avid Pro-Tools Text Book 101 and 110
(Subject to exchange rate)