Avid Education offers several Pro Tools certifications, validating user skills from novice to expert. The first of these certifications is the Avid Certified User for Pro Tools, providing an industry-recognized credential for both academic users and industry professionals.
To gain the title of Avid Certified User for Pro Tools, you must take two foundational courses, Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) and Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110), before sitting and passing the associated certification exam. This course includes both the 101 and 110 courses. Becoming an Avid Certified User for Pro Tools verifies that you possess a fundamental understanding of and the capability to use Avid Pro Tools to engineer a project through to completion, with all of the fundamental operational skills to record, edit, mix and output the finished session.
– Getting Started with Pro Tools
– Pro Tools Basic Controls
– Making Your First Audio Recording
– Importing and Working with Media
– Making Your First MIDI Recording
– Editing Your Media, Mixing and Creating a Bounce
– Managing Session Data and Media Files
– Recording MIDI and Audio – Working with Elastic Audio
– Editing and Fine-Tuning a Performance
– Additional Editing and Media Management
– Basic Mixing and Signal Flow – Writing and Editing Automation
– Using Advanced Mixing Techniques and Creating Final Media
The course consists of 2 lecture days per week. Each lecture day consists of two 90 min lessons totalling 20 lessons. In addition to the lessons, you will be required to complete exercises and prepare for exams in your own time. It is recommended that you have access to a current Pro Tools system. Two online exams will be written on campus. Addition costs for text books will be added to the course fee.
Registration closes: 20 July 2020
Course starts: 20 July 2020
Course Duration: 8 weeks
Full time/Part time: Part time (Lectures during office hours)
Price: R16 500.00