Cape Audio College has always been at the cutting edge of the South African music industry, and with this course, we aim to continue with this legacy.
The Modern Music Production course is a 12-week part-time, practical course aimed at teaching the fundamentals of digital music production, programming, business, and publishing. By the end of this course, learners will be able to produce & release their own original work.
The course curriculum is not genre-specific & the digital audio workstation (DAW) used is Ableton Live.
– Introduction to Ableton (Installation / Setup / System Optimization).
– Working with Audio (Loops, warping, editing, reverb, delay).
– Ableton Instruments & VST plug-ins.
– MIDI theory.
– Beat Production.
– Introduction to Music Theory and Writing Melodies.
– Remixes and Bootlegs.
– Mixing 1 (EQ / Dynamics).
– Recording Basics and Routing.
– Vocal Production and working with a vocalist.
– The Ableton Mixer & the importance of Automation.
– Sound Design and Synthesis.
– Music Business (Publishing / Labels / Royalties / Collections Agencies).
– Mixing & Mastering.
– Final Presentation.
Registration closes: 31 August 2020/8 March 2021
Course starts: 31 August2020/8 March 2021
Course Duration: 12 weeks
Full Time/Part-time: Part-Time.
Price: R16 500.00