Also known as The Kiffness, is one of South Africa’s most successful Live electronic music acts. 4 highly successful albums which have met with local acclaim.
The Kiffness makes jazzy, groovy & uplifting house music and is fast becoming one of South Africa’s favourite live electronic acts. From the beginning of 2013, founder & brainchild David Scott has had great success in the South African music industry, racking up a total of 3 SAMA nominations and 10 singles playlisted across national radio stations – all of which have reached top 10 status in the top 40 charts.
Dave Scott founded the Kiffness in early 2011 when he arrived in Cape Town to pursue a career in music. During his studies at Rhodes University Dave played a handful of instruments in multiple bands while also DJing at a couple nightclubs. Upon arriving in Cape Town he was ready to use his experience in both live & electronic forms of music & fuse them to form a live electronic act.
Once completing his studies in 2011 at Cape Audio College, Dave made his way from bedroom producer to building his own studio & becoming one of South Africa’s most reputable producers. Dave has collaborated with some of South Africa’s leading artists including Tresor, Shortstraw, Moonchild, Samuel Miller & Mathew Gold. With The Kiffness’ success on the radio, the kiffness has gained major momentum and the group has had the opportunity of playing headlining slots at some of South Africa’s most reputable festivals such as Rocking the Daisies, Splashy Fen & Park Acoustics to name a few. They’ve also played international shows in the Seychelles, Lesotho, Swaziland (Bushfire), Zimbabwe (Vic Falls Carnival) & Vietnam.
See Dave achievements below:
– “The Kiffness – You Say You Love Me ft. Tawanna Shaunte” nominated for “Best Music Video” in the South African Music Awards 2017.
– 2014 album “Kiff” nominated for 2 South African Music Awards in 2015 for “Best Pop Album” & “Best Producer”.
– “Tresor & The Kiffness – Evergreen” was the first 5fm Mashlab to reach the #1 spot on the 5fm Top 40 in 2016.
– 2017 album “Soul Safari” debuted at #2 on the iTunes pop album chart & 2014 album ‘KIFF’ debuted at #3 on the iTunes pop album chart.
– The Kiffness was included in the iTunes list “New Artists for 2014” to watch out for.
– The band has 8 singles that have been playlisted on national radio stations, all making top 10 status on the 5FM radio charts.
– Where Are You Going was rated as one of the top 100 songs of 2013 in South Africa based on radio play and sales, and was included in the Now 65 compilation CD in 2013 & the ‘Goldfish Organic House’ compilation in 2014.